Subject: [Leica] GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Jan 27 08:00:13 2008

Mervin -

I meant Seal DRY bags - not wet bags ;-)

Tina

At 09:53 PM 1/26/2008, you wrote:
>We are going to the Galapagos Islands on the 31st. Can anyone advise
>me about  cases to keep your camera dry when going on a small boat
>from ship to shore?
>Thanks,
>Mervin Stewart

Mervin -

I used Seal wetbags but I never really needed them.  We were on a
very small boat - 10 people - and even smaller boats to go to shore
sometimes.  It was never rough enough to get anything wet.  I kept
the cameras in the wetbags for awhile but eventually just kept them
out most of the time.  There was only one time when we had to jump
from the boat to a slippery rock that I was worried, but I managed to
hold on to everything.

Have a wonderful trip!  That's one I'd like to do again.

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI
http://www.tinamanley.com