Subject: [Leica] How long has the M8 been out? Beyond warranty period?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Jan 27 19:25:38 2008

> Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
>> Yes, Doug.  But the RD1 cost me $1500.
>
> FWIW, my DMR was an ex-demo purchased from a private party.  Almost 2
> years,
> no problems.
>
> Doug Herr
> Sacramento
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com

A combination of comparably low price and low expectations offsets some of
the negative aspects of the camera if you can just anticipate the fact that
you may very possibly have those issues along those lines. Maybe one or two
lenses you'd like to use but don't quite work so you use other ones instead.
Maybe the focusing is not so great so you use wider glass.

A grand and a half to maybe get me going in digital using much of Leica
glass I'd think hard about that.
Till the improved version comes out which really will be the next camera I
probably get for my Leica system. Proably say  "Zeiss" on it.
Unless the M9 is full frame and I can somehow afford it.

To me its an equal work around to paying 5 grand have having to use cut off
filters which wont be needed in the next version.

To me that's called loosing through high priced financial humiliation.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com