Subject: [Leica] Leica Announcement (?) - No M9 this year; M8 Upgrade
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue Jan 29 15:29:39 2008

At 2:16 PM -0800 1/29/08, Wade Heninger wrote:
>What does it mean when he states "shutter to 1/4000"?

I assume it means that to quiet the shutter they have to limit the
top speed; ie, reduce the speed of the blades. That would indicate to
me that the shutter module would be replaced as well as some of the
electronics. That, the additional warranty and the replacement with a
scratch proof lcd cover probably explains a large part of that rather
steep cost.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design