Subject: [Leica] Leica Announcement (?) - No M9 this year; M8 Upgrade
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Wed Jan 30 10:55:44 2008

So far this is all unofficial and just rumor as there has been nothing from
Leica yet on this.  Now, why would I spend the money on a slower shutter
just to make it a bit quieter, when the noise is not that bad as it is.  The
noise is the winder not the shutter, so this does not seem to be addressing
the real problem.  I have yet to put any scratches on the LCD on the back,
so why do I need a harder surface for the LCD?  I would rather have lower
noise at the higher ISO's, and a menu for the lens I am using, for the
lenses that cannot be coded.  Unless there are some real performance gains,
I'm going to keep my money, and keep using my M8 the way it is now.

gene

From: Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@san.rr.com>