Subject: [Leica] Leica Announcement (?) - No M9 this year; M8 Upgrade
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jan 30 11:27:16 2008

David Rodgers <drodgers@casefarms.com> wrote:

> JOOC, how often do people use 1/4000?

not quite 1/4000sec, these were 1/3000 sec IIRC:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/trochilidae/ruhu01.jpg
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/recurvirostridae/amav01.jpg

Before using the DMR I'd never have dreamed of using ISO 400 is bright
daylight because ISO 400 films are nowhere near the quality I want in my
photos; I only used them when I was desperate.  Now I can use the fast
shutter speeds for active subjects hand-held or when I don't want to stop
the lens down from f/6.8

Doug Herr
Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com - Microsoft? Exchange solutions from a leading provider -

Replies: Reply from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] Leica Announcement (?) - No M9 this year; M8 Upgrade)