Subject: [Leica] Re:one of the most important news for me
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jan 31 19:10:52 2008

Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> wrote:

>> Justin Viiret <jviiret@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> <http://www.dpreview.com/news/0801/08013101sigma250500.asp>
>>
>> DPReview says this is the ultimate wildlife lens?  Only if the
>> photographer
>> never ventures more than 100 ft beyond his SUV.
>>
>> Doug Herr
>> Birdman of Sacramento
>> http://www.wildlightphoto.com
>>

>Like you wouldn't KILL for it Doug!

much too big and heavy, would be of very limited use to me.  Likewise the
DOF at full aperture will be much too skinny.  Even the f/6.8 Telyts' DOF is
skimpy.

Scrambling up & down mountains, crashing through dense brush, all-day hikes
at altitude... I need something a little more portable and less
tripod-dependent.

Doug Herr