Subject: [Leica] It's a film camera! Rangefinder at that!
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sat Feb 2 02:05:38 2008

I don't know much about RF and even less on folders, but so far
almost every post on the web mentioning this camera says
"rangefinder." Perhaps it's someone's wishful thinking that got
copied everywhere :-) I can't find anything official from Fuji on either way.

At 11:22 PM 2/1/2008, G Hopkinson wrote:
>Richard, I hadn't looked closely enough. It is a rangefinder! I see
>no possible way this could be linked to the (tabbed) focus ring
>with a folding bellows in between. The old originals of course were
>just focussed by guess applied to the focus ring distance scale
>manually. Perhaps there is a rangefinder adjustment at the rear,
>where we can't see?? Then that reading could be manually
>transferred to the distance scale on the lens barrel.
>..

// richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
please use richard at imagecraft.com)

Message from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] It's a film camera! Rangefinder at that!)