Subject: [Leica] IMG #021
From: geebee at geebeephoto.com (geebee)
Date: Sun Feb 3 11:34:22 2008

 From: "Robert Meier" <robertmeier@usjet.net>
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug@leica-users.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2008 4:55 PM
Subject: Re: [Leica] IMG #021

> They look like they're fishing, but those don't look like fishing poles.
> What's going on?
>
>> http://www.geebeephoto.com/2008/08021.htm

Hi Robert,

They are match fishing and all the serious anglers (as far as I can tell)
use those carbon fibre fishing poles. They just keep
adding more sections until they reach where they want to be. A few times a
year someone gives up angling in favour of conducting.
Instead of dismantling the rod to bring the catch in they raise the pole and
touch overhead power lines.

It was very cold, blowing a gale and I was  struck by the way they had all
turned the same way to keep their backs to the wind.

Thanks for looking.

--Graham

Message from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] IMG #021)