Subject: [Leica] observation on the LUG photo contest
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Feb 3 13:44:21 2008

Phil Swango offered:

>> I would have given it first place if I were a judge, even without knowing

the details.  <<<<

Hi Phil,

Not to get into any kind of battle or heavy duty feelings or words over this
photograph.

But may I ask what elements suggest it would've been your first place
choice?

Like what was the grabber aspect to make it so? Trust me, I'm not trying to
be a smart ass, but a deep interest in how another sees the image.

I think it interesting my initial re-action out and out without knowing whom
the photog was. not that would've made any difference as it's never been my
style when judging because a photo is either in or out no matter who shot
it. Might say over the years I've pissed off a few buddies because I didn't
vote for their photograph. The answer? Always simple. "it wasn't good enough
to win given all things considered in the competition."

After reading your post I went back and tried for the life of me to try and
see anything that would make it a first class choice.

So if you would good sir, please explain at your convenience. Thank you.

Keep in mind no one is a 100% perfect photographer, least of all me and
we're always learning to see new things.

Thanks again.

ted