Subject: [Leica] observation on the LUG Photo Contest
From: mads.christensen at gmx.net (Mads Christensen)
Date: Mon Feb 4 01:14:04 2008

Brian, Ted et al,

First of all, let me congratulate the winners and the runners-up on last
month's contest, Weather. Some impressive photographs have been submitted,
also further 'down the ladder'. This is very inspiring, at least for guys
like me.

Secondly, I certainly appreciate the extra PR that Brian has caused
regarding my 5th and final entry, Snow 5, which has so far had some three
times more hits than the other four. And I admit that I was indeed very late
in making my entry. Sorry about that but there had been other things on my
agenda for most of January.

Now: That particular picture, Snow 5, it is NOT from Iraq. I took it on 31st
January here in Tashkent, the capital of Uzbekistan where I have been based
since late September last year. The brown stuff is indeed snow with some
shoeprints of various size, texture and orientation. I sepia toned the
original picture and I liked the way it added flavor to the scene.

I am grateful for Brian and Ted's notes about this picture and my general
photography capabilities. And I tend to agree with Ted that the brown snow
picture is not top the line but still an interesting picture.

Let me add a final note or personal comment, based upon observations during
not only this last month's contest but also the previous ones: I have, let
us say, mixed feelings about the practice that some LUG'ers have developed
by entering photos to the contest that they have 'test-run' on the LUG
itself in the same month. If someone is considering making amendments to the
LUG contest rules, I would like to suggest that this practice should be
prohibited. But this is only my point of view, of course.

All the best,

Mads

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
09:59