Subject: [Leica] Down Loading M8 firm ware update.
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Tue Feb 5 09:18:01 2008

quite right - forever is a long time.

Yet I think is a wonderful and "trippy" thing that I can hang a 40
year old visoflex on my M8 and enjoy superb end results; or that
others are hanging 70 year old screw mount lenses on their M8's. The
leica range finder system has had a significant and beautiful upgrade
path for a very, very long time. I think it fair to say that no other
camera system has maintained the interconnectivity of parts that
Leica has. A unique company which makes very beautiful things using
top shelf materials.

On Feb 5, 2008, at 10:40 AM, Frank Filippone wrote:

> When exactly was the last time Leica offered an upgrade path
> service?  Leica
> A?  IIIC?  IIIF?  This is a real fundamental change to the body and
> its
> ability to function ( larger sensor), certainly not a cosmetic only
> one.
>
> "Forever" ?????   Even a junior marketing guy knows better...........

Fond regards,
George
george@imagist.com
www.imagist.com