Subject: [Leica] Down Loading M8 firm ware update.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Feb 5 10:19:41 2008

> And you think Leica is not going to " introduce a new model every 2 years
> and halve the value of the previous model on the used market" ?  ( Past
> history... the M7 and MP did it to the  M6 )  The M8 to the M7.  ( and I am
> not familiar enough with the R series to comment there.....).  And
> certainly
> the M9 to the M8.  It is called "progress", "survival" or true reality on
> the 21st Century......

The value of your M6 (or Hasselblad or nikon) is not halved if you don't
sell it.
You just keep taking pictures with it. Oblivious to how much fun everyone
else might be having with their new toys.
The value of those prints or negs for that matter do not diminish nor the
ones you've already put there on your walls.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com