Subject: [Leica] Online Printing Shops and Various Digital SLR Questions
From: summicron at comcast.net (Frank F. Farmer)
Date: Thu Feb 7 16:08:45 2008

Greetings all,

I've been mainly lurking lately, but I have a couple of questions I'd
like to pose to the group:

1) I've ordered a couple of prints from a place called QOOP that is
somehow in cahoots with Flickr.  Each time I get the photos, I feel
like they are printed a bit dark.  Most of these have been snapshot
type shots using the P mode and a flash around the house with the new
40D.  So, one would think that they'd be properly exposed.  Indeed,
they look fine on both my monitors here at the house.  QUESTION:  is
there a way to predetermine how an online shop will print the photos?
Anyone had a similar experience with QOOP?  Others?  What online photo
printer do ya'll favor?

2)  Also, I have a question or two about Canon auto focus.  I'm new to
Canon, used to use a Nikon before all my Leicas came along.  The same
shots mentioned above have been soft.  It would seem the auto focus
would be pretty spot on for these shots as nothing has been moving,
etc.  Shutter speeds aren't below 1/30th (which I used to handhold
pretty well with my FM2n).  Is it possible camera shake is blurring all
of my photos?  Ok, sure, it is possible, I suppose the question is
whether it is likely.  I've had pretty good success shooting much
slower than that with my M cameras.  What other causes might I
consider?  I'm working on shooting a couple with manual focus to
compare.  Just wondering if there is some secret Canon code I should
know.

Thanks, all, in advance for your $.02.

Frank Farmer
Jackson, Miss.