Subject: [Leica] Re:Online Printing Shops and Various Digital SLR Questions
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Fri Feb 8 11:54:47 2008

1. It's all about color monitor calibration now. Your monitor may look great
but that's not what a printer in CA or WI is seeing.
Try to see if the lab with run some test prints for you so you can try to
calibrate with their printer. Some online labs will send
you a target card. I use Pictage.com for prints and we had a few test prints
done to determine how the monitor needs calibrating to
match with Pictage.

2. Nikon user here but what lens are you using? Since you are in "P" mode
the camera is choosing the focus which may be in front or
behind the subject sometimes. It could also be camera shake as I know I
can't always handhold an SLR steady like I can a RF.

Chris
NOLA