Subject: [Leica] IMG: colour or BW ?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Feb 8 10:26:26 2008

Philippe AMARD offered:

> Colour is here :

> http://tinyurl.com/2rq9qh

Hi Philippe,

My original comment on the night fog street scene colour as posted was, it
looked like an M8 with a bad Magenta hang over. I still feel that.

So out of curiosity I dropped your shot to the desktop, opened it with
PhotoShop CS2. Clicked on Auto colour  AND? It became an absolutely
beautiful fog shrouded mood picture.

Quite surprisingly a beautiful photo without any Magenta at all.

The red tail lights of the car pop clean red as they should, the lamp post
lights are white & look like they're real and had me say, "I wish I'd shot
that!" :-)

By the same token I understand some people don't do any "auto" changes but
do it by eye only.

I do both, sure as heck saves a lot of facing the screen time.

I click auto levels, if it looks cool I leave it, click auto contrast, if
there's a nice improvement I leave it. Then click auto colour and if there's
a change to look better and I'm pleased, it stays.

If not, as with any of the three settings I'll twiddle them slightly to my
eye.

This is merely a suggestion. But give the colour night fog a click of auto
colour and see what happens.

Now if I could figure out again how to post my adjusted version to the LUG
Gallery then you could see what my adjusted version looks like.

However, if you have time and wish to give it a try, just click Auto colour
in PhotoShop CS2. Trust me you'll be, I would hope so, pleasantly surprised.

Cheers,

ted