Subject: [Leica] Fuzzillogic Martha ON THE STREET! :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Feb 9 15:16:20 2008

Steve Barbour asked:

>> very cool Ted... how did you do the second?<<

Ted Grant wrote:

Here's a couple of fuzzillogics. :-)

> 2/ Martha on the street

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ted+grant/Martha+swirl+H_amp_S+1969+NY.jpg.
html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ted+grant/Martha+swirl+H_amp_S+1969+NY.jpg
.html%3c%3c> <<

Hi Steve,

First of all it was a prayer to the Great Spirit. ;-)

Naw it?s hand held, probably ? or 1/8th of a  second. I held the M4
vertically, focus on face, click shutter and revolve camera at the same
time!

And voila neat image! :-) LUCK!

Then once you see how cool images can be in this fashion you do it in all
kinds of situations. And actually sometimes get real lucky and be assigned
because an art director said
. ?WOW that?s so cool man I?ve got just the
assignment for you about using drugs and the visual effects!?

And I was given a $5000. assignment to create images illustrating what it
kind of looked like when spaced on some kind of hallucinating drugs.

Now the art people knew what it was visually and loved the end results! What
I always wondered was
. ?HOW DID THEY KNOW??:-)

The secret of this face so perfect is, you revolve the camera absolutely
perfectly in line with the face. DON?T THINK ABOUT IT, JUST DO IT!

Trust me you may do it several times before you hit one right on the mark
perfect! This one is the very first frame of 5 rolls! All the other frames?
Cool but not as effective!

 However, what the screwed-up images looked like can also be ?way cool man!
Like hello outer space aliens here I come I?m flying!?

Now the question is
 ?HOW DO I KNOW??  :-) I?ll never tell! :-)

ted