Subject: [Leica] IMG: Two new street photos
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Feb 10 10:31:13 2008

Hello Ali,

Always good to see people posting pictures and asking critique or comment.

First picture. "Man in Bus"

http://tinyurl.com/ytzwsv

Because the man is looking right at you rather than maybe out the window or
involved in another activity. It doesn't really do anything other than sit
there and look back at you. Even his expression is mundane, even if he
looked annoyed or smiled or showed some facial emotion would've made it
better.

Maybe he was when you focused, but just as you tripped the shutter he turned
his head and looked right into the lens.

Too bad because the angle of the face to light is perfect "shooting from the
shadow side."

Second picture. Man & child.

http://tinyurl.com/2gmqct

Your point of sharp focus just missed the child. But is focused on the man
with beard behind the child.

 I suppose there is a question for you to answer if you have the time? What
did you see here to make the exposure? What is the motivation for shooting.
I suppose I should ask, "what grabbed you in the gut and made you feel "this
is the moment?" click!

Take no personal offence because these are the kind of questions I'd ask you
if we were sitting and looking at the same pictures. In both cases these
points are minor but they spoil what may have been an interesting
photograph.

Ted

tedgrant@shaw.ca

tedgrantphoto.com