Subject: [Leica] Where is my red dot?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Feb 12 14:32:49 2008

Nathan Wajsman offered:
Subject:Where is my red dot?

>>My 25mm Summilux Leica/Panasonic was delivered today from B&H<<

>>The lens feel and looks like a Leica, and the first few shots (on my E3)
look good, but I found one major defect--I do not see any red dot anywhere
on the lens, just the words Leica and Summilux with the

usual Leica typeface. I wonder if the absence of a red dot will affect the
quality of the images...<<<<<<<

Oh my goodness! I can't believe the red dot is missing.  :-( :-( We've
fallen into the hands of the devil himself! Oh Hades here we come! :-( Oh
suffer, suffer! :-) Damn about now yer either thinking the old guy has
flipped out or not had enough single malt? It get's worse or better
depending where you are in the world and time of day and how much you've had
to drink? ;-) Me? Hell I'm clean, it's only noon and nary a drop has touched
my lips!

However after such tragic news I may not make it till 2 pm. :-)

Gather your Leica Red Dot equipment close by your side, give them warmth of
comfort at such a tragic moment in our lives. :-)

But what the hell, life moves on so get over it! Did the red dot really make
any difference to a better photograph? Nope but it did make it feel nice .
:-)

Oh my? After saying that I'm becoming short of breath, the sky is blurring
and I feel strange all over beginning to appear as though I have the
measles? Oh no, there Red Dots appearing all over me! Help I'm failing!
That's what I get for committing blasphemy about the coveted Leica Red Dot!
Aaahhhh!!!

In reality?

As long as the glass is good and the image comes out sharp who cares!

Red Dot lovers rise up and save the photo world! ;-)

Now guys and gals you realize this is all Hollywood War of the Worlds
episode 666, "The Last of the Red Dots!" ;-) A repeat due to the Hollywood
writers strike. :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Where is my red dot?)