Subject: [Leica] M8 questions
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Feb 14 14:53:47 2008

Tarek for what it's, worth? Dust spots? When and how big do you blow the
image up before you see dust spots?

And only in a clear blue sky? I haven't cleaned the insides of my 20D since
I go it several years ago and I know there are some dust bits in there
because if I blow an image up to about 300-400% yeah I see them. However
shooting a basketball game or 99.9% of other subjects I have no idea
anything is there. Even on the faces of beautiful women,.  Yes if they're
blown up 3-4 hundred % the spots are there. But it's so simple to spot them
out, it's hardly worth messing inside the guts of the camera.

It's exactly the same with the M8 even more so!

I treat the digital gear exactly the same as everything else has been in my
photo life.KISS! The more you diddle with them the more grief you're going
to create for yourself.

If you don't see any dust spots until major blow-ups forget they are there
and relax enjoying your M8.

But if I were going to the desert as you are in April-May I'd have 3 M8's
and not bother changing any lenses. Or I'd sure want to have a large amount
of experience on cleaning before I went.

ted