Subject: [Leica] IMG: yum yum, not for Ted? :-)
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri Feb 15 10:59:42 2008

>After a day of driving up to the City for Tai Chi, then driving up
>to Emeryville for Taiko (we have to come home to DRIVE the kid to
>some stuff), we had a nice Sushi dinner after Taiko. I guess it's a
>Valentine treat:
>
>http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/PICS/_2140436.jpg
>
>Hmm.... Unitama, uni with quail egg. They were so good. yum yum.
>

>// richard

Uni is one of my very favourites, although there are really no
sashimi/sushi I don't like. Tamago I don't like, but that really
isn't sushi anyway.

I think uni became my favourite after a day of diving here in Howe
Sound near Vancouver. I had returned to the boat while a couple of
other people were still down, and I was standing on the top of the
cabin (painted wood) taking pictures. Another diver had collected a
couple of gunny sacks full of purple sea urchins, and they were also
on the top of the cabin. A sudden wave caused me to loose balance,
and I had to make a quick decision. Fall into the water with my
camera, or save myself by stepping a sack of sea urchins.

As anybody on the LUG could guess, the camera was safe. I had about
120 spines in one foot and 30 in the other. Some had penetrated 4 or
5cm into my feet. I got about 85% of them out while on the boat, and
my wife help me get most of the rest out that evening. About 25
little pieces stayed in my feet, and either got infected and then
came out or were picked out the next days. Fortunately, nothing in my
feet got seriously damaged.

I've always enjoyed eating uni.

Ted and Irene, Tom and Tuulikki Abrahasson and Tanya and I intend to
have sushi together on Saturday. Maybe some uni, if the restaurant
has any.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design