Subject: [Leica] Ted's film
From: leowesson at gmail.com (leo wesson)
Date: Mon Feb 18 16:43:20 2008

from Wikipedia

Canadian *Bravo!*

*Bravo!* (with the exclamation mark) is a
Canadian<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada> English
language <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language> cable
television<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_television> specialty
channel <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specialty_channel> owned by CTV
Limited a division of
CTVglobemedia<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CTVglobemedia>.
It uses the "Bravo" name under licence from NBC
Universal<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBC_Universal>.
However, aside from the name and the interview series *Inside the Actors
Studio <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inside_the_Actors_Studio>*, there has
been essentially no connection between the two channels since 2001, when the
American Bravo network (then under the ownership of
Cablevision<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cablevision>'s
Rainbow Media <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_Media>) changed its
direction away from focusing on performing
arts<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Performing_arts>towards a general
programming direction. Many of Bravo's original
programming now airs in Canada on the Alliance Atlantis
Communications<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliance_Atlantis_Communications>slate
of specialty channels, namely
Slice <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slice_%28TV_channel%29>, Food
Network<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_Network_%28Canada%29>,
and HGTV <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HGTV_%28Canada%29>.

So it looks like us US folks might not get to see Ted's film on Bravo in the
States.  I'm trying to find a phone number or email for a person at NBC (who
owns Bravo) to badger for a US showing.  If anyone knows anyone who knows
anyone, let us know.  If i find out anything, I'll let ya'll know.

--
Leo Wesson
Photographer/Videographer

Replies: Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] Ted's film)