Subject: [Leica] what?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Feb 22 16:49:48 2008

Hi Hoppy,

I think I saw your smileys with your post when you said this would be a
major whatever for Leica? I see it as one guy got fired and yes they may
have shot themselves in the foot!

IT'S STILL A NOTHING BIG DEAL!

The new cameras and upgrades? Be neat if they happen, however I'm not losing
sleep nor tears whether they do or not! It's called that's life! And for
Leica to get with the realities of the business world program!

Sure I own lots of Leica gear, that's not a big deal either cause there's
lots of us. :-)

I can never understand when a crash and burn appears as though Leica will go
to hell in a hand basket, users go nuts in seeing it as the end of their own
eye sight?

Sure we own the cameras, so big deal! If it crashes and burns does that mean
we'll all have to stop taking pictures? Or carry on in the real world of day
to day photo lives?

Oh maybe we might buy something else? Now there's the answer instead of
wringing hands and crying.

I have absolutely no business sympathy for the Leica company per se! But I
do however have great sympathy for the employees who must be enduring
hellish nightmares whether they'll have a job the next day or not depending
on how the wind blows in the board room!

Our lives are far too short for a bunch of LUGGERS to almost lose their
knickers whether Lee was fired or not. As it had absolutely nothing to do
with anyone on this list. So why wring hands over it. Nor is anyone going to
die because another LEICA calamity surfaces.

We should look at this whole thing as a TV comedy sit com and be making up
jokes as I see a few "neat fun humour posts have appeared!" :-)

Year after year there's a new Leica moment for humour, however it's turned
into a tear jerking, hand wringing crying episode like it'll be the end of
photography forever!

Not me I'm out the door! It's 14.5 degrees c. today and we're lovin' it with
my 20D Leica adapted 100 macro shooting macros of my wife's artificial
flowers. :-)

Mr. Lee? Leica? Hell who cares!

Even though I've loved my M cameras for the past 50 years I'm not going to
cry over whatever happens to Leica. But I will support the use of the
equipment as much as I possibly can simply because the M camera opened my
world to become a better photographer.

And to some degree that's why I'm where I am today! Thanks.

ted

Replies: Reply from crbirchenhall at googlemail.com (Christopher Birchenhall) ([Leica] what?)