Subject: [Leica] re: wow...Mamiya, Hasselblad
From: dnygr at cshore.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Tue Feb 26 19:16:44 2008

Although I use a Hasselblad from time to time, I prefer a Rollei TLR--a
much easier camera to use. The Rollei disadvantage to some, of course,
would be that it has a fixed lens and magazine. Then again, the cotton
friggers don't freeze up on you, either, like the Hassys do. It  might
be countered that the Hassys are easy to fix if you know what to do,
but who needs that hassle.

While I like the large negatives with MF, and while I shoot a lot in
that format, I must say that when I return to using my Leica I am
always happy. It is lighter and the quality of the lenses nothing less
than magnificent. Of late, I've been printing big (16x20) from 35mm
negatives taken with my Leica. I am amazed at how good the photos look.
If you put a Leica on a tripod it gets even better.

I think there is a wow factor with the M8 as well especially when you
have the control that Photoshop offers, but you have that with scanned
negatives as well.

Doug