Subject: [Leica] Square format
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Thu Feb 28 05:40:56 2008

Come to think of it, so were mine:

Brownie Starflash:
<http://www.brownie-camera.com/36.shtml>
Mine was blue

Didn't get another camera until I was in college:
Yashica-Mat 124
<http://tinyurl.com/ywyxv6>
It was thrown down (literally) by a wedding phototg who had it jam one
time too many. A girl who lived in the other half of my duplex brought
it home curious to tear it apart. We did, and when I put it back
together, it worked. I bought film, talked to a friend who brewed his
own, bought developer and tank and dove in.

I tell folks I'm a graduate of the label and insert school of
photography;^)

You may be right about fitting lens coverage being the reason we had
square format. Didn't the first box Kodaks deliver round pictures on
square prints?

Maybe the question should have been, "When and why did we stop
worrying about square?" Related to the proscenium perhaps?

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/

Replies: Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] New/old camera - Square format)