Subject: [Leica] Phishing?
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Thu Feb 28 16:36:38 2008

Thanks, Nathan.  Interestingly, the person's mail address *is* indeed at a
calendar company, or at least, they have a Web site with a catalog and
lots of calendar graphics. Including some pretty landscapes, and a lot of
women in various stages of semi-dress.  The English version of their site
has similar grammatical nuances to the email.

The person sending me the email has been a member of photo.net for under a
month, and has no record of any activity.

If the request were legit, I would think they would have referenced
specific pictures and referred to me by name.  I think this is a troll of
photo.net for cheap or "involuntarily free" content.  Or a check scam as
Chris mentioned.

So I can either ignore the email, or respond and ask them specifically
which of my photos they are interested in. My inclination is to ignore
them, as the potential reward pales before the likely hassle.

If anybody wants to persue their site, it's in Polish, Russian and
English, at ateko dot pl

--Peter