Subject: [Leica] OT: Binoculars, what's top quality?
From: fredhess at phenix-visuals.nl (Fred Hess / Phenix Visuals NL)
Date: Fri Feb 29 23:05:09 2008

I use since 1979 a Trinovid 7x35 a very compact bino, which I use on
backpack hikes.
For my canoetrips I bought a Elcan 7x50 in 1985 and recently I bought a
7x42BA.

All very nice glasses, very brihgt and crisp images.
Althought the Elcan 7x50 showes some (very slight) chromatic aberration. But
it is very
nice and easy glass, because there is no focussing needed; you just
accommadate with own eyes. And it
is waterthight allthougt it is a little bit heavy. It is my favourite!

Kind regards,

Fred Hess