Subject: [Leica] I'm beaten for now
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin@afirkin.com)
Date: Sat Mar 1 01:32:38 2008

Well, I'm going to have to admit defeat for a while. My G4 just cannot cope
with the size of the files/data/etc. Booksmart is quite a stable programmme,
but when you have to wait 30 odd seconds for every action to take place,
your weekend disappears. It has got me off my fence and down to the Apple
shop. They had a special on the mac pro's and so I saved a few dollars. I
should soon have a humongous computer with which to finish the job off, but
to all those keenly awaiting the book, please bear with me. They quote 7
working days to arrive. I'll keep you all informed.

In the meantime, there will be more opportunity for anyone who cares to
update their files to do so. I know Tina is working on getting hers to me
and there may be others. I will spend some of the next 2 weeks trying to
tidy up the files etc ready for the new computer to take over Booksmart.

Sorry, its close, but its not worth the hours its currently taking to do
even simple things, so I am drawing stumps.

cheers and here's luck

Alastair

Replies: Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] I'm beaten for now)
Reply from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] I'm beaten for now)