Subject: [Leica] Img: Completed Summitar UV/IR Filter
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sat Mar 1 12:13:23 2008

Since I already had a spare Heliopan UV/IR filter and an orange
Summitar conical filter, I decided to go ahead and perform the
surgery to make a UV/IR filter for my 50mm Summitar.

The glass of both filters is the same diameter so all you need to do
is switch the glass. However be aware that you should have the right
tools for the job. See here

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/LeonardT/M8_001/
Filters_Tools.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/3b4sz7

The black thing in the picture is a rubber conical tool required to
unscrew the filter retainer from the Heliopan filter. The filter is
not slotted to accept a spanner wrench. It uses pressure only to
unscrew the retainer.

Here is a photo with the completed UV/IR filter on the Summitar. It
works like a champ.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/LeonardT/M8_001/
Filter_Finished.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/2t6zsk

The tools for the job can be ordered on line. I just forget where.

And thanks to Rei for suggesting this filter.

Len

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Img: Completed Summitar UV/IR Filter)