Subject: [Leica] state of my world
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat Mar 8 08:34:48 2008

Gee, I don't remember the closet cleaning sale.... did I miss something?

Out of curiosity, I would have loved to be the fly on the wall when the
discussion about leaving the servers in the old house happened.......

Now, Mr +_ Mrs Buyer, we have a  problem that we wish to work out with
you..... Says Brian
Oh, Mr Seller?  Says the buyer
Well we need to rent one wall of the garage for about 2 weeks while our new
house is finished.....  Says Brian
Why?     Says the Buyer
For Computer equipment, a T1 Line or 2, and enough electricity to power a
small estate to run the computers....
Oh, I understand, to help out those wonderful, and cheery LUG Folk, else
they get no emails and turn nasty and upset...
Exactly!
Well, I am sure we can work something out...... for compensation.....

At which point I ask..... What is the rent on a wall in a garage:  full  of
computer stuff, and a T1 ( or was that a T3?) line ( or 2) and enough
electricity to power all the stuff?
And
What is the installation plan for the new house?  Its own room?   Complete
with power panels?

We'll survive.....even IF the servers go down.......
Enjoy (??????)  the move

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Tomorrow I am moving out of the house I have lived in for 28 years.
The new house (1km away) is not yet ready for occupancy so I will be staying
in a nearby hotel while the builders hurry to finish the construction.

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] state of my world)