Subject: [Leica] OT! Macintosh Parallels Vs VMWare (warning: Apple content!)
From: pjleeson at mchsi.com (Philip Leeson)
Date: Sat Mar 8 10:34:53 2008

If you want to run WinXP on Boot Camp, all you need is a full install
copy of XP.
The setup assistant will partition the HD, then you install Windows.
For Parallels, you don't open the boot camp assistant, just follow
usual installation routine.
I have used both, Parallels is good for the office, where both can run
concurrently; at home I only use XP very rarely, so Boot Camp/XP.

WinXP runs better in Boot Camp; my iMac is the fastest Windows
computer I've had.
It sounds to me like you would be better off without Parallels.
Most reviews of it's new version seem lukewarm unless gaming is a
priority.
HTH,
Phil