Subject: [Leica] OT best light monopod ?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat Mar 8 12:34:00 2008

At 03:27 PM 3/8/2008, you wrote:

>Think protection first, light monopod second! There maybe a day you'll be
>very glad you did it my way!
>
>ted

Amen!  I used my heavy steel Gitzo for protection in back alleys in
Guatemala City.  Nobody ever bothered me even with all of my
expensive cameras hanging from my neck and shoulders.  A mugger did
get the woman walking next to me and managed to steal her medic alert
necklace and give her a compound fracture of the finger when he tried
to get her wedding ring off.  I screamed and swung at him with the
monopod and he ran.  Bystanders chased and caught him.

Don't walk in back alleys without a sturdy monopod!

Tina

Tina Manley
http://leicatraveler.blogspot.com/
www.tinamanley.com