Subject: [Leica] Walk about with the M8 - Stanley Street, Hong Kong Central
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Sat Mar 8 17:37:33 2008

Hi Luggers,
I have been romancing my Nikon D300 for the past few weeks and
started to feel guilty about not exercising the M8 which has been
languishing untouched in the dry box. So, I took it out Friday and
took the ferry into town to visit my favourite camera store - Miramar
Camera on Stanley street in Central.
While there, an older Chinese gentleman came in with his M6, Noctilux
attached, to inquire about getting the white lettering on the
Noctilux repainted. The light sources in Miramar Camera are multiple
kelvin temperatures and before the software upgrade the M8 could not
record a reasonable image using AWB. That is now changed and much
improved.
Please see:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hong+Kong+Pix/
BenOldGuyw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/ytu5f7

Here is the same photo processed in CS 2 to grayscale.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hong+Kong+Pix/
BenOldGuyBWw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/27vtf3

It is finally spring in Hong Kong and the weather is turning warmer.
The old tailor who has his sewing machine set up in an
open sided shed on Stanley street was hard at work as I went by.
Here's the colour version:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hong+Kong+Pix/
StanleyStTailorw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/2x7j8j

And here is the same photo in CS 2 gray scale:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hong+Kong+Pix/
StanleyStTailorBWw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/225dzf

Please enjoy. Comments most welcome as always.

Cheers
Howard (off to Bali on Tuesday to continue with my motor cycle series
- pondering whether to take the  M8 or the D300 or both)

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Walk about with the M8 - Stanley Street, Hong Kong Central)