Subject: [Leica] CAUGHT IN... Williamsburg
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Mar 8 22:32:22 2008

> Dick und Mark,
>
> A "Cake Bagel" is called  a doughnut  or donut.
>
> Fortunately, here in La Jolla are a few excellent bagel bakeries.
>
> Jerry

I think calling it a cake bagel is the bottom of the barrel and they do have
them which seem like bagel shaped wonder bread. Air bread. Or Twinkies in
the round.
But they can be a bread bagel and still not be dunked in that vat of boiling
water.

Should not forget to mention Polish bagels
Kossar's Bialys
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kossar's_Bialys

Instead of a hole in the center it is filled with deliciousness.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Kossar_bialy.jpg

I may try one tomorrow.

In a half hour time stands still for a full hour.

I'm looking forward to it.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com