Subject: [Leica] Not buying a Hummer
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Mon Mar 10 22:37:39 2008

I've decided not to trade the Prius for a Hummer.
I want a vehicle that is recognizable , kind of like my M8 camera is.  So I
thought maybe I'd look at the Hummer SUV.
It is  boxy and wide, and a rugged vehicle originally built for military
use.

These  rock-crawlers look like  tanks on the road , and that's not a flaw.

Well, it seems that the Prius might be somewhat more friendly to the
environment.  At least that's what I think after filling my ten gallon gas
tank, and the guy at the next pump was hitting $85 bucks as I drove away.

Someone will pick this apart in about three posts.  But I like my M8, and I
really hate being in the darkroom, and I am in denial at how to file
negatives from 1962.

Good luck all you darkroom freaks. Smell your fingers and wonder why people
shy away from you in public.. look at that plastic apron and when you see
what the stuff does to an inert fabric wonder what it is doing to your
lungs.

The first miracle in my life was seeing a print coming up in the developer.
The second was seeing my  first kid hanging upside down in the OB's grasp.

IHow did I afford an M8?  I sold two hard-earned M7's and a couple lenses.
It was completely worth it.  I love this camera.

I'll also keep the Prius.

--
Regards,

Sonny