Subject: [Leica] Not Buying M8/ I'm with Frank Filippone
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon Mar 10 23:56:36 2008

3 stops is = to $1750 a stop.

Buys a LOT of film.  And Processing.

Or an F1.4 lens ( or 2 or maybe 3!.....  Or a Nocti)............

It begs the question... do you really HAVE TO take that shot?  Is that type
of photography something you could  live without?

Hey, I am a film user.  But I am not anti Digital.  It is a matter of
preference, cash flow, and what type of images you want to shoot.

Everyone ( yes, an overstatement)  thinks Digital is the only way to go....
It isn't.  I like to remind folk that analog film has its place, for a lot
of people, for a lot of reasons.
Digital has it's place and advantages too.

The user must evaluate his needs first, and his wants next to arrive at a
good solution.

( then check with his better half......)

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

If you push it that far its not going to be pretty.

Full frame Canon or Nikon looks ok at that speed.

That's about 3 more stops!

The difference between Pan F and HP5!

Mark William Rabiner

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Not Buying M8/ I'm with Frank Filippone)