Subject: [Leica] Leica CL w/ 40/2 & 90/4 FS
From: john.o.newell at comcast.net (J. Newell)
Date: Fri Mar 14 18:01:31 2008

I'd like to sell my Leica CL outfit.  Details:

What's included: Leitz Minolta CL, Leitz 40mm Summicron-C w/ shade and front
cap, Leitz 90mm Elmar-C w/shade and front cap, leather  case for body + 40mm
lens.  For a buyer from this list I will include two Leitz Series 5.5
filters (one UVa, one SL).

Details/condition: The camera and both lenses were purchased from Sherry
Krauter three years ago this spring and all had been freshly cleaned,
lubricated and adjusted.  All function perfectly, mechanically and
optically.  The lenses look basically like new outside, have clean optics,
sharp detents, smooth focusing and oil-free diaphragm blades.  The camera
meter has had a new CdS cell installed and calibrated with a 1.5v battery,
so no adapters are required.  The viewfinder is crystal clear and the
rangefinder is correctly adjusted.  Although Wetzlar-philes may be
disappointed to see "Minolta" on the camera, I took this over another that
did not have the Minolta name on Ms. Krauter's recommendation because of its
later production date (so that it has more of the in-production engineering
upgrades).   The camaera top plate shows one or two very, very small pecks
that keep it from being truly "mint" or "like new" but it would easily pass
the stringent KEH EX+ grade.

Terms: I'm looking for $US 1250 shipped/insured to the lower 48 for the
whole kit or best offer.  I'll ship overseas if appropriate arrangements can
be made.  Photos are below; first link is to the photobucket album, and
subsequent links are to individual pictures.  Three day inspection from date
of receipt; return of purchase price less shipping costs both ways if items
are received in the same condition shipped.

Please reply off-list if interested -

John Newell

http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii127/j-newell/Leica%20CL/

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii127/j-newell/Leica%20CL/Group-1.jpg