Subject: [Leica] IMG: Sanai , Sadaf , Hamzeh
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Mar 15 15:13:47 2008

Hi Ali. The carpentry shop has got a lot of potential for great photos of
your friends. The shots of Sanai with the tools and workshop background are
a good example. The environment adds a lot of interest. Also the one of
Hamzeh with the dusk mask, that extra detail adds context.
Regarding the focus, do you have Photoshop? You can not work a miracle with
the focus but you should be able to improve the apparent sharpness enough
for a smaller print without that graininess you mention.
On a file sized fro the print you can try
'smart sharpen' about 60%, radius 1 pixel, remove Gaussian blur, more
accurate. Run it twice.
This is from Scott Kelby's book on Photoshop CS2 for digital photographers

You will need to do this on a bigger file than the version shown in the
gallery. If you don't have Photoshop or that doesn't make sense you can send
me the file, 3 or 4 MB will be plenty and I'll try for you. You can also
just upload a bigger version to your gallery (accepts up to 5MB) and post a
link.
Cheers
Geoff