Subject: [Leica] m8 features prominently in a new movie ...
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Sun Mar 16 15:07:22 2008

a few years back i became a fan of a quiet thai movie called "shutter" about
a photographer who, in a very "omen" way, begins to capture photos of ghosts
(that look a lot like light leaks) on film. it's relatively low budget and
doesn't really bring anything new to the horror table, but it's a nice movie
and has some legitimate thrills in it. i ordered the VCD from a hong-kong
distributer after reading about it in some back issue of Asian Cult Cinema
-- WELL, long story short, philfo just handed me a pair of tickets to ...
tada -- AN AMERICAN REMAKE because we know it's impossible for americans to
watch a movie with little words along the bottom -- the remake features what
looks to be an M8 in nearly all of the promotional photos:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2536216832/tt0482599

as someone who bought a leica in large part because of seeing one in a movie
(High Art was the one that tipped the scales for me) all i can say to solms
is: rock on! it's about time you got with the product placement.

kc

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re:m8 features prominently in a new movie ...)
Reply from shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka) ([Leica] m8 features prominently in a new movie ...)