Subject: [Leica] Re: Steve McCurry
From: dbirkey at hcjb.org (Duane Birkey)
Date: Sun Mar 16 21:06:18 2008

I met Steve McCurry briefly at the Delhi Airport...   We were on the same
flight to Heathrow...  I saw him standing a ways behind me in the security
line... and was pretty certain it was him...  So I waited for him down by
the gate and as he approached, I went up to him and asked if I could shake
his hand.

He looked at me rather puzzled and asked, "Why?"  I replied, "You are Steve
McCurry, aren't you"

And then he grabbed my hand and very enthusiastically shook it while saying
with even more enthusiasm, "Yes I am !!!"

We talked for a couple of minutes, he had a massive Nikon lens that needed
to be repaired, so he was heading back to NY.... He really seems to be a
nice guy...  And I really do love his work as overall, it's quite stunning.

I have to laugh though, as he is much shorter than I expected....

Duane (Wish I could fly first class like Steve McCurry) Birkey