Subject: [Leica] Captain kangaroo: NANCY SINATRA
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Mar 16 23:54:23 2008

When I was a kid growing up in Roslyn my mom took me into Town to the Radio
City Music hall and I was in the Peanut Gallery on the Howdy Doody show.
Around 1957 or 8.

There I met Clarabell the Clown who was Bob Keeshan. But he didn't talk not
even when the camera was not going. In front of the kids in the Peanut
Gallery. Would have freaked us all out I guess!
I also met Chief Thunderthud and who ever else was walking around.

Having just written this I read that Clarebell was taken over by another guy
Lew Anderson in 1952.
Apparently  most of these guys were jazz musicians.
Where they beatniks as well?
To me a jazz musician in the early 50s would have to be but I'm more up on
the whole hippy thing that's when I came in.
Daddy O. dig it!

Groovy!

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Were all long haired rock stars in the 60's hippies?

I vote yes!

Snap snap snap