Subject: [Leica] Philip Jones Griffiths passes away
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Mar 19 21:04:04 2008

> That's about the only thing Phillip Jones Griffiths and I have in common.
> As
> hardly a soul could touch him for his incredible photographic talent!
>

> ted

The only thing which puts me in Ted's and Phillip Jones Griffiths category
is I'm also Welsh I just found out and I'm a photographer.

Joe Evans my Grandfather I heard him described my whole life as "A Limey" by
his Wife my grandma an irish women.
So I thought he was English. Was from Liverpool.

But I go see thee Hugh Grant flick THE ENGLISHMAN WHO GOES UP A HILL AND
COMES DOWN A MOUNTAIN and its set in Wales and over the Bar in the Pub is a
plaque which tells which families get credit:

Williams,
Thomas,
Jones,
Evans
Davies.

So I found out Evans is a common Welsh name. Which I'm sure made me the last
to know.
So I started digging in my WELSH roots and aim to go there and check it out
some day in the not too distant future..

I see old Welsh names were Gwalchmai or Gwaethfoed.

Rabiner not on the list.

http://www.users.qwest.net/~butchmatt/WelshNames&Surnames.htm

Mark Williams Rabiner
markrabiner.com