Subject: [Leica] the problem with HDR is ....
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon Mar 24 08:03:00 2008

I agree that Ken's picture is excellent. But...it is a rare HDR image
where the technique, like here, is used in moderation, to enhance the
scene that was already there. Most of the HDR images I have seen to
date are not like this. They scream, "look, I have a new toy, isn't
it pretty!"

I suppose that as time goes on, the novelty of the technique will
wear off and people will use it like Ken did here--to make a good
photograph better.

Nathan

On 24-mrt-2008, at 15:48, Lottermoser George wrote:

> Superb example of why HDR will NOT be a flash-in-the-pan pass?
> technique.
> Beautiful Ken.
>
> Fond regards,
> George
> george@imagist.com
> www.imagist.com
> http://www.imagist.com/blog
> Picture A Week - www.imagist.com/paw_07
>

> On Mar 22, 2008, at 11:50 PM, Ken Carney wrote:
>
>> I have been using HDR for a little less than a year now
>> (Photomatix Pro).
>> It even seems to work even with the same raw image opened at
>> different
>> levels, but anything other than a light touch results in a very
>> painterly
>> image.
>>
>> Here is one taken with multiple exposures (burst of three, handheld).
>>
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/kcarney/Kingfisher2.jpg.html

Nathan Wajsman
nathan@nathanfoto.com
General photography: