Subject: [Leica] IMG: For Airplane Lovers
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Mon Mar 24 14:01:34 2008

LUGGERS,

Last week, I came across an interesting airplane, actually a motorized
glider, at the local airport.  I looked it up on the net and found that it
was built in Brazil by a company that supplies parts to a number of
commercial aircraft builders.  The article also said that those sold in the
U.S. are ferried over the Andes and open water to the U.S.

The workmanship was first class.  The powerplant is a Rotax of 90-100 HP.
It sure looks to be a fun ride!

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Powered+Glider.jpg.html

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA