Subject: [Leica] Leica M8 Bargains
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Mon Mar 24 18:45:02 2008

It would keep you honest ;-) We went to the wildlife photographer of the
year exhibition recently. Helen had an image reach semi-final (what ever
that means). The images were spectacutlar, and this year they had a b/w
section. Now for years the competition has not had a b/w section, adn you
had to enter slides. B/w prints were not considered, now suddenly a b/w
section. The winners were fine, but they were all digital, and something in
me kept thinking they were an after thought: hey this new section may not
have many people entering and my pelican looks pretty cool in b/w lets
desaturate and enter it twice. Having lugged my blad to antarctica for b/w
images of wild places, seeing these made me squirm: OK rant over

Cheers