Subject: [Leica] Another ZM lens on the horizon
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Mar 25 09:26:52 2008

> Mark, I understand the point that you are making however the lenses made by
> Kyocera under the Contax brand were certainly not junk. I have owned and
> used a number, from the fixed 35 in the T3 and 28-56 zoom in the TVS111,

I realize the glass in them competed well with Nikon and or Canon but they
looked like Vivitar on the outside straight out of the 70.s
They looked like junk. As they pretty much do now.
Put one next to a Hasselblad or Contarex or Contax lens from the 60's there
is not comparison.
Put one next to a Nikon or Canon lens.
Or put one next to a Leica lens.
Junk.

I love slow glass and that gives you an advantage because you really can
have it cost a fraction of the competitions jacked up in speed glass and
have it be well worth it.

Zeiss seems to have a secret policy that one its not really a Zeiss lens it
doesn't look at all like one. Like from the other side of the room.
They act like its an accident but I don't think so.
They could easily make sure the finish of an optic matches what goes into
it.