Subject: [Leica] Internet assault question
From: summarex at hotmail.com (Javier Perez)
Date: Tue Mar 25 13:19:44 2008

Thanks Emilio
I was hoping it might be something innocent.
I renamed the pic and it has diminished. I'd love to know
who might be using my measly site as a reference!
I'll do some more research I guess.
Thanks
Javier> Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 09:02:14 -0500> From: eperea@walkereng.com>
To: lug@leica-users.org> Subject: Re: [Leica] Internet assault question> >
On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 02:30:20PM -0400, Javier Perez wrote:> > Yesterday
my website started getting bombarded with> > requests for "Leica-m6.jpg"
(That makes it an on topic discussion)> > I did a whois search and all the
requests are > > coming from IP addresses owned by RIPE in Amsterdan.> > So
I renamed the file to leicam6.jpg and I'm hoping it will make them go away.>
> But the question remains. Is this an attack or is it just some bozo who
pointed > > 1 million people to my site for some reason?> > It's clearly
some bozo, but whether the attack is intentional or whose> intention it is,
is hard to tell.> > > Is there currently a utility that will allow me to
find out who did this?> > > > Here's the log notice that the last entries
are 404> > I'm not familiar with this log format, but it appears that the
last six> requests are all from different ISPs in Germany. So my guess is
that> there was a link posted in some popular German website and this is