Subject: [Leica] CV 15mm lens on M8
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Mar 28 13:15:21 2008

> I don't think anyone has hit on this yet with the wide glass. No matter
> what
> lens you have on IE: 12-15-21 and no external viewfiner you know you're
> covering a wide area so your butt is pretty well covered if you look
> through
> the camera viewfinder, focus on the centre of the scene you wish to
> photograph
> and keep it there and shoot. You know without question you've 99.9% of the
> time it's covered.
> In other words, you look with your eyes and see the centre of the scene and
> some idea of what you'e going to cover with the 15, look through
> viewfinder at
> exact same centre location, focus and click! That easy! And I've done that
> in
> a rush thousands of times and it's always as close as you need.
> remember KISS! :-)
> ted

I've gone ultra wide now and have learned to love it my main lens being a
12-24mm translating to 18-35mm.

I'm often shooting very fast at the widest and then cropping like crazy when
I'm Photoshopping. That with RAW and It's like the picture is being taken at
night in the O dark AM when I am hunched over my laptop crunching my pix
from the day before.

The decisive moment I think more and more...
Comes later when looking at ones "contact sheets".

But It's like shooting squares which later have to be cropped into
rectangles.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com