Subject: [Leica] " I NEVER WANTED TO BE FAMOUS."... the book!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Mar 30 11:47:06 2008

"I never wanted to be famous."

Steve's hard cover book.

Yep we've seen some of the photos one frame at a time and generally held in
awe at what Dr. Steve Barbour captured under extremely emotional times.

However the book Dr. Barbour created is absolutely spell binding!

You can't do the quick time glance and, "I'll come back later when I have
more time." It doesn't wash, nor work, you put the world at bay instead and
let it wait! This incredible heart clutching collection of photographs, so
well taken and assembled, each page supports the next carrying an extremely
emotional heart warming image supporting the next.

Not in pain or ill feelings, but in awe of kids in almost every state of
emotion and recovery they can be.

As tear jerking as some can be, these little kids rise above our adult
"sorrowful feelings" we have thinking of children in hospital. One
photograph can evoke from the hardest nosed toughie amongst us a feeling of
, "oh the poor little guy or girl!" And yet in each there's a message of
hope and survival that kids have we don't necessarily see when the child is
our own.

In fact a few of these pictures illustrate children at what appears their
worse, when in reality they are at their fighting best! We see some as
pretty tough looking cookies on one page and great big smiling faces the
next!

I believe every mother, father and grand parent should have this book as a
comfort book when they're world feels like it's a disaster when one of their
own is ill. In reality the book can evoke wonderful feelings of hope and
understanding that there is a Great Spirit who pulls these little folks
through the worst hell we adults can fear.

If you don't have a copy, you can't order it fast enough! As it's just a
plain good old fashion spell binding feel good book page after page!

Well done mon ami Steve, Good on you, it's a beauty!

ted

Replies: Reply from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] " I NEVER WANTED TO BE FAMOUS."... the book!)
Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] " I NEVER WANTED TO BE FAMOUS."... the book!)