Subject: [Leica] CV 15mm lens on M8 --- WHAT IS THIS?
From: pkolodny at fibertel.com.ar (Pablo Kolodny)
Date: Sun Mar 30 15:39:36 2008

Ted,

I think this is just kinda long, maybe boring too, chatting around a coffee
table, I don't think we're about to dictate any principle nor basics in what
respects to making pictures.
Swivelling or not is just incidental, as you suggest, still something one
can take some advantages from. There's nothing wrong with that. Just, as you
say, it's more fun around our toys.

For me reviewing is something to compare to what it was Polaroids. Just a
way to check lighting, exposure, framing... and it just works fine.
Even more in the studio.

And, on the other side, when I work in the studio and are about to shoot MF
film or even LF sheets I like to shoot a couple of pictures with the digital
toy first just to figure how things would come out, a preview. As said, the
old Polaroids ages will be missed. Though not that much. ;-)

We're lucky we don't need to waste more money in that expensive film nor
time to wait that eternal minute that film needed to be developed by.
Pixels work more than well as a medium for me, final goal is still on real
silver grains for me. Hard copies will always be better, at least as much
we're concerned about handling, sniffing...

Technology is something to get even more fun from it, don't you think ?

saludos

Pablo