Subject: [Leica] Hong kong Rugby 7's pictures
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Mon Mar 31 16:33:55 2008

> Message: 13
> Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 10:57:16 -0500
> From: Lottermoser George <imagist3@mac.com>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Hong Kong Rugby 7's pictures
> To: Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>
>
> impressive coverage Howard - enjoyed the informative captions as well
> - hard to believe that 200mm provided such a tight view - some
> extensive cropping on some?
>
> Fond regards,
> George
> george@imagist.com
> www.imagist.com
> http://www.imagist.com/blog
> Picture A Week - www.imagist.com/paw_07

Hi George,
Actually 200mm was too long for some of the shots. The scoring at the
goal line in front of me filled the frame at about 135mm. I have been
going to the 7's for many years and have figured out where to sit so
that I am in position to photograph the players as they run toward me
to score goals. This puts me close to the action that happens in my
corner of the pitch. For far away action I just ignore it. Only
"Canadian Sri Lanka tackle" and "Aussie France" are cropped.
Cheers
Howard.

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Hong kong Rugby 7's pictures)